Monday 6 September 2010

Carl Sagan - Cosmos (podcast edition)

While watching Cosmos on DVD it occurred to me that it would translate fairly well to a podcast format. Having spent tens of hours editing periodic announcements out of DJ sets recorded off the radio, it presented an interesting challenge.

I listened through the episodes multiple times and anything that didn't work like long passages of music, or where Carl refers to something on-screen (eg. "shown here" or "this photo") were edited out. Most of the edits are seamless but some noticeable ones were unavoidable without access to the master tapes.

The only content of note that didn't work "for radio" was a sequence in episode 7 where Carl shows some pictures and planetary models to primary school students, and another in episode 12 where he translates some Egyptian Hieroglyphics from Greek.


http://depositfiles.com/en/files/k2h4jhth0

3 comments:

  1. Every episode of Cosmos is also available for free on HULU! I'm getting this. Now I can listen to cosmos in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The linked files no longer work, would you be able to re-up or email them to me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete